Saturday, August 9, 2008

Childbirth class

Ryan and I attended our very first childbirth class on Thursday evening. There were about 100 people in the class! I guess we know what people at Fort Hood do for fun. ;-) The teacher informed us that there are 210 moms due in September, so delivery day may get interesting. The hospital only has 7 Labor and Delivery suites, so we may get sent off post. Basically our class was a lot of powerpoint slideshows and videos, but all of it was very informational. The best part was when the instructor brought out the empathy belly! Of course, Ryan HAD to try it on. . .and the first thing he did was grope the boobs. Actually, that's the first thing all the guys that put it on did. What is the fascination with boobs? =) He did say the belly was very uncomfortable, so maybe it gave him some idea of what I feel like most days. He didn't get on the floor and try to simulate getting out of bed, but there's always next class. Other dudes wanted to try it on so he didn't wear it long. One thing we did learn at the class. . .all these weeks that I thought Caroline was pushing out really hard turned out to be Braxton Hicks contractions! They're coming more frequently now, so I guess my body is getting ready for the big game...which is coming very soon. Six weeks and counting!





10 comments:

The Burgess' said...

I love it, I think he should wear it at least once a day!

Ray, Jayme, Caeleb, Alaura & Hailey said...

Cute! Ray and I never did the child birth class so he was not lucky enough to try one of those on...hA! Ryan being pregnant looks good on you... HA!

Koontz Family said...

Todd didn't get to wear "the belly." He missed a class bc of CCC and then we just ran out of time. I must say that Ryan looks hot!!! Love you guys!

RobnBrandy + Megan said...

Nice tits Ryan!

Anonymous said...

Ryan,

I thought you lost your man boobies?

-Steve

Brooke and David said...

Hello Cryers!! Just wanted to pop in and say hello! How are you guys doing?

Anonymous said...

I'm dead sexy! Look at my sexy body!

Ryan, Kim and Caroline said...

please note that the above comment was made by ryan mullinax, not my ryan! =)

Anonymous said...

wow! ryan looks different than i remember in korea! :) i am trying to get in touch with you guys as i am at ft hood too. kim, call me at 213-2829 when you get a chance. your long lost friend, meghan wilson

Anonymous said...

Omy! That's awesome! haha John is going to FLIP when he sees those pics. The babies room looks amazing! :o)