Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Hanging in there....like a hair in a biscuit

As I said before, Ryan is currently deployed. He'll be in Kuwait for a little while before he heads north to Iraq. He left out last Thursday (well, he actually didn't leave until the wee hours of Friday morning, but we said our "see ya later's" late Thursday night). I (and Caroline, of course) am holding up rather well, considering. We had our first crisis 2 days after Ryan left...the garage door broke...on a Sunday. I asked a neighbor to help me get it closed and found out that his house had been broken into the night before. Needless to say, I feel totally and completely freaked out a bit uneasy about staying here alone. ADT is coming tomorrow to give me an estimate on a security system. That, a glock and a big ass dog would make me feel much more secure. =) Anyway, say a little prayer for our continued safety and check out some pics.

Daddy and his Mini-Me (sporting her red, white and blue outfit...festive, don't you think?)


Daddy snuggling while Caroline plays with his patch


The family


The doorbell rang on Friday...this is what I found when I answered it.

He's not even here and earning brownie points. . .I have the best husband in the world! Love you, Ryan!

p.s. Our home is open to visitors...y'all come see us!

7 comments:

Elizabeth Cryer said...

I love all the pictures...so sweet.
They brought tears to my eyes.
Mom C

Duncan Family said...

i got adt when clay deployed too... it will make you feel much better. our house is always open too if you want to come visit!

Ray, Jayme, Caeleb, Alaura & Hailey said...

As you know when they leave for some reason things start to break... That is funny too, because I always had problems with my garage door! We had ADT at our house and it did make me feel a little more secure. But I think our cats set off the motion sensor quite a bit, when I gone! those fat cats! We are continuing to pray for you all! We love you!

The Fuller Ohana said...

Love the pictures, Kim! You and Miss Caroline are in my thoughts and prayers. As well as Ryan. The kids & I will be jumping in your boat in just a few short months.

Koontz Family said...

Hang in there Kim (and Caroline). You are strong and Ryan will be home before you know it. I know it doesn't seem that way now. Although Todd was deployed before Emma was born, I do know how you feel. I am only a phone call away and I am here for you anytime! I love you!!!

Renee and Frank said...

Kimmy...can u train Sasha to bark? Simba always made me feel safe when I was alone...his bark sounds pretty intimidating. ADT will be a big help. I sure can't wait to meet that baby!! Hopefully, soon!! You are all in our thoughts and prayers!

Anonymous said...

I am a former football coach at the University of Alabama and the University of Louisville. I am finishing writing my book: "Hang In There Like Hair In A Biscuit." It's about overcoming adversity and growing up in the beloved deep South. Will send you a signed copy when it is published later this month. Brad Bradford bsquare12@comcast.net