Monday, December 8, 2008

Dirty Thirty

Today I turned 30. As I mourn the passing of my twenties, I can't help but reflect on the past decade. Here are some highlights:

- I met the man of my dreams.
- I graduated from college after a few years of surviving on ramen noodles and creamed corn.
- I got engaged to said man of my dreams.
- I got my first "real" job.
- I vowed to spend the rest of my life with the most wonderful man I've ever known.
- I moved to a foreign country with that man and visited several others. . .I've stood on the Great Wall of China. . .TWICE!
- We bought our first home.
- And the biggest highlight of the past decade: welcoming the most beautiful baby girl into my life.

To Ryan: Thank you for being such a wonderful husband and father. You and Caroline have truly made my life complete. To all other family and friends who have helped to make my twenties so wonderful and memorable: THANK YOU! I can't wait to see what excitement and new adventures my thirties will hold! Bring it on, Father Time!

30 black balloons . . .they did float last night, but I guess they got tired of floating.


Ryan's gift to me. . .the fabulous diaper bag I've been pining for.


The best gift ever. . .I just got it 2 months, 3 weeks, and 4 days early. =)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love what you wrote, the diaper bag is neat, and my granddaughter is adorable!
Happy Birthday! You aren't over the hill yet!

Love, Mom C

Brooke and David said...

Happy late birthday Kim! The diaper bag is way cool! Love it!! Hope you guys are doing well!

The Fuller Ohana said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Kim!!! I'm glad you a great one!!! I love the bag. I have one of those on my wishlist. :D

RiskyRob said...

Happy birthday Kim, although I have to say that an Air Force bag would have been much cooler!

Ray, Jayme, Caeleb, Alaura & Hailey said...

Happy Birthday!!!! The diaper bag is great!!!! We can not wait to see you!